We leaving early Sunday morning to:
- learn more about D-Day as we stay in Normandy, Arronmaches-les-bain
- explore the walled city where Corsairs, thieves and rogues spent booty and prepared for more raids – Saint Malo
- eat fresh oysters off the boats in Brittany, Cancale
- walk the Broceliande Forest, where many believe was the true location of King Arthur and his round table
- stay in a cider farm, walk the beaches of Finistere (the end of the earth), wander medieval towns
- commune with ancient stones, which are older than the Great Pyramids or Stonehenge
- listen to great Celtic music, in France
- drive the wine trail in Alsace
- visit a German spa (in the nude)
- As always, we hope eat and drink very well, and take lots of notes.
We are also going to travel “Rick Steves style”, only a carry-on and a tote each. – I think….
Barry and I hope that you will “join” us by following along. You can subscribe with your email to get updates.
I am not going to do the email journals this trip, but do have a spiffy new WordPress site, with a little help from my amazing daughter. I am putting formerly retired blogs back online: Polynesia, South America, Spain, Greece, Italy, Alaska and more….OH, and please do leave a comment, we love hearing from you.
(I promised Barry that I wouldn’t say that I am traveling with these 3 old bags. tee-hee)